Goals and servicesThe key objectives of MiKK e.V. are:
- Providing free multilingual advice to affected parents and professional groups active in this field (judges, lawyers, social workers). Advice is available in English, French, German, Italian and Polish.
- Training mediators in the complex legal, psycho-social and personal dynamics of cross-border family conflict.
- Expansion of the network of currently 150 mediators from 25 countries specialising in cross-border and bi-national mediations.
- Support of cooperation and exchange among all parties involved in the process (courts, lawyers, central agencies, ministries of justice, international social services and local youth welfare agencies).
- Development of concepts and projects in cooperation with national and international partners in order to establish and promote the status of cross-border family mediation.
- Acting as a forum for professional, political and public discussion on cross-border family mediation and conflicts at a national and international level.
- Development of standards for mediations in international disputes involving parents and children.